ES6tLMQ0PXfdqC9-18bZz9xUQ9E The Life Of A Coast Guard Wife: Little Sister

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Little Sister

This is something I wrote to my little sister years and years ago. Just thought I'd share it.

Little Sister


Come little sister
Take my hand
Lets walk
Lets talk
Have I ever hurt you?
Yeah, I know I have
You just make me so mad
You yell and scream
It makes me boil over
And I spill out all over you
I raise my hand
I hit you
For a split second everything stops
You look up
Tears in your eyes
Realizing what I've done I try to apologize
You say you hate me and run away
I feel so bad
I keep replaying it in my mind
The look in your eyes
They say...why?
I'm sorry
I really am
I don't mean to hurt you
Later you come back
I still sit where you left me
You hug me and say it's ok
You understand
You know I didn't mean to do it
I only wanted to teach you
I am your big sister and I know you'll listen to me
You learn from me
But what you don't know is that I learn from you too
You are my best friend
Whether you know it or not
And I love you more than you know
It's the love of a sister
A big sister
You look up at me and smile
You know
You've known all along
Then you say
Come big sister
Take my hand
It's time to go

Don't forget to thank a member of our MILITARY!

0 comments:

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara