ES6tLMQ0PXfdqC9-18bZz9xUQ9E The Life Of A Coast Guard Wife: My sissy is coming!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My sissy is coming!

I just talked to my sister yesterday. One minute she's saying, Ryan (my future bro-in-law) is talking about coming to visit in like 2 weeks, the next she is calling saying that she will be here next week!

I love it when my sister comes to visit. She always has been my best friend. She's 6 years younger than me, but we have always been close. It's hard to live so far from her. We talk at least once a week on the phone or text. A lot of times we are talking about the Vampire Diaries! :) We LOVE that show!

She LOVES her nephews like they were her own kids. When she is around, I don't even have to be mommy because she takes over. And the boys? They adore her and always want to be with their Aunt T's! Her name is Tammy but all her nephews call her Aunt T's. My nephews call me Aunt CC. Don't ask, we are a strange family! :)

So, her and Ryan will be here next Wednesday, staying until Sunday. The last couple of times she was here she didn't get to go to the USS Alabama. I went with my mom and told her about it and she's been dying to go ever since! So, we are going to be doing that.

Also, last time she was here, she came without Ryan. We ended up going to the Mobile Zoo. If you have never been there and you are ever in the area, you HAVE to check it out! It is the strangest zoo ever! There is one dirt lane in/out. The parking lot is as big as my front yard. There is a staff of like...2 (that we saw). The animals are SO CLOSE! And they aren't behind plexiglass, just chain link fences. Most of the animals you can feed peanuts. You can buy them when you enter. There are tubes that you put the peanuts in and the animals will wait at the bottom for them. There is also a chimp there. He is REALLY cool! He was in a movie, but I can't remember which one.

Too bad Jeremy isn't here to visit too, but I know Tammy plus my dad and Kathy (stepmom) will come to visit again soon.
Don't forget to thank a member of our MILITARY!

2 comments:

Kel said...

You and I sound a lot alike. I also have a younger sister (7 years younger), who is now my best friend. She loves my girls like they were her own, and she is always there for me when my hubby is away on military leave.

Tiffany said...

I love your blog!! I just became a follower & I'll grab your button. I'm enjoying snooping around and learning more about you! LOL.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara